James Cameron Explains Why Kate Winslet Didnt Save DiCaprio in Titanic?
Why didnt Rose save Jack ? This is the question that moviegoers have been asking themselves and James Cameron for the past 20 years. The eternally romantic saga, Titanic featuring Kate Winslet and Leonardo Di Caprio continues to break heart each time someone sees the ending.
The director of Titanic, James Cameron has spoken on the ending. While speaking with Vanity Fair about Avatar, Fox Studio he also spoke about the ending of Titanic. James Cameron said the ending is as it is because it was the demand of the script.
When Vanity Fair asked him about the ending He said, “And the answer is very simple because it says on page 147 [of the script] that Jack dies. Very simple. . . . Obviously it was an artistic choice, the thing was just big enough to hold her, and not big enough to hold him . . . I think it’s all kind of silly, really, that we’re having this discussion 20 years later. But it does show that the film was effective in making Jack so endearing to the audience that it hurts them to see him die. Had he lived, the ending of the film would have been meaningless. . . . The film is about death and separation; he had to die. So whether it was that, or whether a smoke stack fell on him, he was going down. It’s called art, things happen for artistic reasons, not for physics reasons.”
Kate Winslet has told in several interviews that she believes Titanic ending could have been better.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)